Employer: Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
JVA No. 22 – 057
Opening Date: June 23, 2022
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
ANNUAL SALARY: $22,193.60 to $28,115.00 per annum, Non-Exempt
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Power Generation Manager or his/her designee. This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the Power Generation Division.
- Performs maintenance, operations, installations and/or repairs in assigned area of responsibility;
- Provides technical guidance regarding assigned functions; and ensures quality service levels in accordance with proper procedures;
- Provide assistance in monitoring and complying with regulatory compliance; operates specialized and heavy equipment; performs maintenance activities and skilled repairs to equipment, infrastructure and/or other items of assigned area of responsibility;
- Identifies issues and operational concerns;
- Performs analysis, maintenance, operations, installations and/or repairs of 8 megawatt, 13 megawatt Mitsubishi-MAN diesel engines to include engine auxiliary equipment in the main Power Plant and provide the same services on the small Power Plant with 2.5 megawatt Electromotive Division (EMD) units.
- Ensures work is within Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) engineering specifications and quality levels.
- Performs inspections; provides troubleshooting; evaluates corrective measures or options; recommends and implements solutions and corrective actions;
- Receives trouble calls; responds to requests and provides information or status updates.
- Initiates requests for the replenishment of materials and supplies; cleans, organizes and maintains work and supply areas;
- Analyzes readings of equipment; maintains records, logs, orders, data, and prepares reports;
- Perform reconditioning of used parts;
- Perform alignment of pumps and motors at auxiliary sites; Bending, cutting, grinding and fabricating various types of materials;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma, General Education Diploma, or Adult Basic Education. Graduate from a Vocational/Technical Institution as a Mechanic or related field. Must demonstrate having had (A) 4 years of increasingly responsible experience performing mechanic duties on 1500 HP or larger diesel prime mover engines and associated auxiliary units. Experience on Mitsubishi MAN, EMD, Cummins and/or Nordberg diesel engines is desired but not required.
Knowledge of: Mechanical principles, practices and procedures of assigned service area; Mathematical concepts; Inspection procedures; Safety procedures and safe work practices;
Skills in: Performing skilled maintenance, operations and repair work of various plant systems; Operating specialized and heavy equipment; Monitoring equipment and making adjustments; Performing inspections and identifying issues; Troubleshooting issues and recommending or implementing solutions; Receiving requests and trouble calls and providing assistance; Initiating supply requests; Taking equipment readings and maintaining historical data; Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction. Work closely with others and/or alone depending on assigned daily activities.
Physical Demands: To Able to lift and carry heavy objects of 45 pounds and over, climb ladders, reach above the shoulders, stand, sit, crawl and kneel for prolonged periods and perform repeated bending. o Recognize color codes, operate cranes and motor vehicles. o Work primarily inside around machinery in operation; in varying degree of temperature in tight or cramped (confined) work spaces, at heights, on ladders or scaffolds, and on slippery or uneven walking surfaces in close proximity to high and low voltage circuits and climbs stairs frequently. o Occasionally use solvents, de-greasing agents, or other chemical agents, and be assigned to protracted or irregular hours of work; exposed to dust, oil, grease, constant or excessive noise, vibration, and smoke and gas fumes.
All applicants may be tested and all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: Submit a completed CUC Employment Application, resume, and applicable supporting documents to the CUC Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, Monday and Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Except Legal Holidays). Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota may submit their documents to their respective CUC Administration office.
Application, resume and supporting documents can also be e-mailed to: email@example.com