Employer: Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
JVA No. 23-007
Opening Date: October 3, 2022
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
ANNUAL SALARY: $21,902.40 to $28,115.00 per annum, Non- Exempt
The incumbent will be under the overall supervision of the Power Generation Manager or his/her designee. This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of Power General. Primary duties as a TRADES TECHNICIAN: ELECTRICIAN for a diesel engine power plant.
- Performs maintenance, operations, installations, troubleshooting and/or repairs of Generator, switchgears and engine control panels of various brands/make/model, Motor Control Center, Transformer, Protection relays and overhead crane
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and codes. USA standards, Japanese standards, European standards, & NEC (National Electrical Code).
- Knowledge in AC / DC system, Single and three phase system, Lighting and outlets, Paging System, Fire Alarm, & Battery Bank.
- Familiarize with the usage of various electrical test equipment; Multimeter tester, Insulation resistance tester, Transformer tester, Ground resistance tester, & Hydrometer.
- Familiarize with the usage of various electrical tools Crimper, Pipe bender, Hydraulic knock out puncher, Pipe threader, Micrometer, & Vernier caliper.
- Familiarize with the usage of various power and pneumatic tools Portable drill, Grinder, & Impact wrench.
- Operates specialized and heavy equipment. Emergency generator, Forklift, & Overhead crane.
- Attend to Trouble calls after normal working hours.
- Maintains of daily reports. Practices SAFETY. Cleans, organizes and maintains work areas.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma, General Education Diploma, or Adult Basic Education. Graduate from a Vocational/Technical Institution as an Electrician or related field. Must demonstrate having had: 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in a diesel engine power plant. 4 years of increasingly responsible experience in performing electrical duties. Knowledge of: Applicable Federal, Commonwealth and local laws, codes, regulations and/or ordinances; Mechanical and electrical principles, practices and operations of power plant equipment. Customer service principles; Mathematical concepts; Inventory maintenance practices; Taking equipment readings and maintaining reading data; Inspection procedures; Safety procedures and safe work practices; Modern office technology.
Skills in: Performing inspections and analyzing system and equipment data; Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standard operating procedures; Monitoring plant equipment and making adjustments; Identifying electrical and mechanical issues and recommending or implementing solutions; Initiating requests and trouble calls and providing assistance; Preparing and updating activity logs and status reports; Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications; Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction. Able to lift and carry heavy objects of 45 pounds and over, climb ladders, reach above the shoulders, stand, sit, crawl and kneel for prolonged periods and perform repeated bending. Recognize color codes, operate cranes and motor vehicles. Occasionally use solvents, de-greasing agents, or other chemical agents, and be assigned to protracted or irregular hours of work; exposed to dust, oil, grease, constant or excessive noise, vibration, and smoke and gas fumes. Work closely with others and/or alone depending on assigned daily activities.
Must be available to work a 24/7 rotation shift to include weekends, holidays and on-call.
Applicants may be tested. Subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: You may submit your CUC Employment Application and/or resume at the Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, from Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm. Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota can drop it off at the Tinian and Rota Administration office. Application and resume can also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org