Employer: Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
Opening Date: October 3, 2022
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
ANNUAL SALARY: $37,756.00 – $50,970.00 per annum, Exempt
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Chief Engineer or his/her designee. Position is assigned to both routine and simple water and sewer facilities and projects.
- Coordinates with CUC departments, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and other parties to ensure accurate and timely completion of project
- Prepares complex engineering calculations, reports, specifications, contracts, and
- Assists in the management of construction contracts for water and wastewater
- Conducts field investigations and inspections.
- Provides system troubleshooting and system evaluations for operational
- Responds to emergencies both during and after business
- Designs sanitation facilities and oversees the completion of assigned
- Executes and coordinates portions of assigned projects and tasks; adhere to applicable specifications and standards. Manage assigned aspects of water and sewer facilities
- Perform construction inspection. Support operations with technical assistance; collect, maintain, and organize operational data for engineering
- Maintain project files; prepare related
- Prepare design calculations, engineering drawings, and
- Draft parts of a variety of engineering reports and
- Assist with data collection, troubleshooting and equipment analysis; evaluate water and sewer system needs and perform engineering
- Perform research for design, efficiency improvement, and operations
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
Knowledge of: Engineering principles and practices; mathematical, pumping and hydraulics, and wastewater conveyance and treatment concepts. Knowledge of and ability to use AutoCAD is a plus. Knowledge of and skill with GIS is preferred but not required. Skill in: organizing, collecting information and evaluating data; preparing and presenting technical information for reports and/or documentation; estimating construction costs; conducting studies.
Skills in: Interpreting and applying Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations; reading, understanding, and preparing drawings for construction contracts; preparing a variety of technical reports and/or documentation; presenting technical information to management, public groups, and other related individuals; interpreting and preparing specifications; estimating construction costs; conducting studies. Able to use computers and related software applications; communicate, interact with co-workers, supervisor, contractors, representatives of other agencies and departments, and the general public to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction; use AutoCAD to prepare plans for utility projects and contracts is a plus. Registration as an Engineer-In-Training in the CNMI, Guam, or any State of the United States is preferred but not required. Applicants licensed as a Professional Engineer in the CNMI, Guam, or any State of the United States is encouraged to apply.
- Valid CNMI Driver’s License with appropriate
- Physical Demands:
- Occasional lifting of objects; Subject to standing, walking sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
All applicants may be tested and all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: Submit a completed CUC Employment Application, resume, and applicable supporting documents to the CUC Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, Monday and Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Except Legal Holidays). Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota may submit their documents to their respective CUC Administration office. Application, resume and supporting documents can also be e-mailed to: email@example.com