Employer: Public School System
EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: PSS-2022-065
OPENING DATE: September 2, 2022 CLOSING DATE: September 16, 2022
SALARY: PAYLEVEL/GRADE:Ungraded Step(s):Ungraded; $55,000.00-$65,000.00 Per Annum
BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefits (including Life Insurance, Retirement Benefits, and Paid Leave/Holidays).
LOCATION: Federal Programs Office
NATURE OF WORK:
To develop, coordinate, facilitate, and administer a series of federal grants including, but not limited to, American Rescue Plan, Consolidated Education Grants, Education Stabilization Fund grant, Special Education Parts B & C, School Nutrition Assistance Grant, Head Start, ANA Grant, among others. This position works directly under and reports to the Federal Programs Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Federal Programs Officer,
• Perform functions of grant management and reporting to include, not limited to:
• Preparation and timely submission of grant application and reports, development and adjustment.
• Development and adjustment of budgets and coordination of budget funds; screening, monitoring, and processing requests for expenditures.
• Tracking progress towards organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals.
• Maintain master calendar of grants, reporting schedules, and all associated files and correspondence;
• Engage in programmatic and financial progress reporting;
• Assist in development of presentations for various stakeholders;
• Provide technical grant assistance for programs needing assistance;
• Liaise with FPO staff and Procurement to ensure all federal grant-funded procurements are compliant with local and federal regulations;
• Support special project initiatives and performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNMENTS:
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential function of this position, but should not be considered to be the only duties and responsibilities of employee(s). Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. Employee(s) may be requested to supervise and/or train the employees. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
FORTY (40) HOUR WORKWEEK:
The normal work period shall be a seven (7) days work period with a maximum non-overtime of forty (40) hours.
The Public School System (PSS) operates on a 40-hour work week. Actual working hours will be determined on the basis of operational efficiency. School Principals, Supervisors or Program Managers will establish working schedules subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
The duties and responsibilities listed herein have excluded the functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities listed herein are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some positions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The qualification requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, abilities and skills required to perform this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Graduation from a U.S. accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least four (4) years of education, grant, or project management experience; OR
• Graduation from a U.S. accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree with at least two (2) years of education, grant, or project management experience
The Federal Programs Manager position is considered “EXEMPT STATUS”: It is NOT eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time and is paid on a salary basis pursuant to Regulations for PSS Employment of Non-Certified Personnel and Fair Labor Standards Act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
• Understanding of Accounting principles;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential;
• Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and local community practices and norms.
• Excellent Office Automation Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent Oral & Written SkillsGrammar/Style
• Excellent Record Keeping SkillsFiling & Document Management
THE FOLLOWING LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
1. COMPLETED PSS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM;
2. COPY OF DIPLOMA/DEGREE;
3. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS (SEALED) MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE HR OFFICE FROM THE ACCREDITED INSTITUTION AND/OR THE NATIONAL ASSSOCIATION OF CREDENTIAL EVALUATION SERVICES (NACES);
4. POLICE CLEARANCE FROM THE MOST RECENT PLACE OF RESIDENCE (WITHIN THE PAST SIX MONTHS);
5. VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT; AND
6. MEDICAL CLEARANCE (ONLY REQUIRED UPON OFFER FOR EMPLOYMENT).
OTHER DOCUMENTS MAY BE REQUESTED AND MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION (IF THE PSS DETERMINES IT TO BE APPLICABLE):
1. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE (Teaching, CPA, Bar, SPHR, etc.)
3. PRAXIS SCORES
4. TRAFFICE CLEARANCE
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY OBTAIN AND SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO THE PSS HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT CAPITOL HILL, BUILDING 1202, ISLETA COURT, SAIPAN or VIA EMAIL TO: LUCRETIA DELEON GUERRERO AT LUCRETIA.DELEONGUERRERO@CNMIPSS.ORG or MAILED TO: CNMI PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM, ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE, P.O. BOX 501370 CK SAIPAN, MP 96950, TEL. NOS. (670) 237-3037, 3052.