Employer: Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
Opening Date: October 1, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
ANNUAL SALARY: $75,000.00 – $100,000.00 per annum, Exempt
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Chief Engineer, P.E. or his/her designee. This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Coordinates and meets with other divisional sections and corporate divisions to coordinate activities and projects.
- Supervises engineering support staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; and making, hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
- Performs project management activities to include preparing reports, memorandums and recommendations.
- Developing scope of work, providing technical reviews;
- Surveying for projects, evaluating proposals, monitoring project process, approving payment, and recommending award of projects.
- Prepares engineering designs, plans and specifications, collects data and performs research.
- Troubleshoots systems and equipment.
- Reviews work performed by engineers.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required by CUC and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering. Registration as a Professional Engineer pursuant to the National Council of Engineering Examiners standards in either the civil, mechanical or electrical branch preferred. Experience of five (5) or more years as a professional engineer.
Knowledge of: Engineering principles and practices; mathematical concepts, construction principles; project management principles; safe work practices; applicable Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations.
Skills in: Interpreting and applying Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations; reading and interpreting scaled drawings for construction contracts; preparing a variety of technical reports and/or documentation; presenting technical information to management, public groups, and other related individuals; interpreting and preparing specifications, plans, and cost estimates; conducting studies. Able to use computers and related software applications; communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
o Professional Engineer License (preferred)
o Valid Driver’s License with appropriate class.
All applicants may be tested and all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: Submit a completed CUC Employment Application, resume, and applicable supporting documents to the CUC Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Except Legal Holidays). Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota may submit their documents to their respective CUC Administration office.
Application, resume and supporting documents can also be e-mailed to: email@example.com