Employer: Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
Opening Date: October 3, 2022
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
ANNUAL SALARY: $32,161.00 to $43,417.00 per annum, Non Exempt
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Drinking Water & Wastewater Division Manager or his/her designee.
- Supervises in the installation, repair and maintenance of water mains and other associated components including hydrants, meters, water tanks, water service lines, valves and pumps;
- Supervises and trains employees in the operation of appropriate motor and other equipment including back hoes, trucks, trenchers, boom trucks, drills, tapping machines, and locating devices;
- Assists in the coordination and inspection of work performed by contractors and engineers;
- Supervises in the preventative maintenance, service and repair activities of the water distribution vehicles and equipment;
- Supervises in the repair of leaks in mains and water service installations;
- Supervises in the taking of routine water samples for water quality testing;
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, safety guidelines, schedules and work specifications;
- Assigns, schedules and verifies completed work involved in the repair and maintenance of a water distribution system;
- May assist in the preparation of the departmental budget;
- Maintains accurate records and prepares reports, such as status reports, diagrams, field logs and requisitions;
- Calculates proper ratio of chlorine to water based on formula’s specific to water chlorination;
- Responds to customer’s inquiries and complaints regarding water
- Assignment of work orders to field staff and tracking of completed
- Conducts staff’s performance
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as
Education: High School Diploma or GED or ABE Program AS, and 5 years of experience in assigned area of responsibility and 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Knowledge of: Applicable Federal, Commonwealth and local laws, codes, regulations and/or ordinances; Customer service principles; Supervisory Principles; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other applicable laws, rules and regulations. Budgeting Principles; and Basic mathematics.
Skills in: Monitoring and evaluating staff; Prioritizing and assigning work to staff; Applying Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations; Performing mathematical calculations; Applying accounting procedures and principles; Developing and implementing procedures and standards; Recording, analyzing, verifying, reconciling, and reporting accounting transactions; Preparing and analyzing financial statements and reports; Using computers and related software applications; Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Valid CNMI Driver’s License with appropriate
- Water Distribution Operator Certification Level 3
- Water Treatment Operator Certification Level 3
- Occasional lifting of objects; Subject to standing, walking sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and
All applicants may be tested and all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: Submit a completed CUC Employment Application, resume, and applicable supporting documents to the CUC Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, Monday and Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Except Legal Holidays). Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota may submit their documents to their respective CUC Administration office. Application, resume and supporting documents can also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org